So, do you already have some html and css written for your website and realised hosting is an additional effort? No worries, you can host your static files in less than 2 minutes or precisely in 6 keystrokes.
The must haves of this process include:
- Latest version of NodeJs.
- Install surge using npm command as below:
npm install --global surge
Now, run surge from within any directory, to publish that directory onto the web.
- cd mysite/ navigate to the folder you want to publish
- Enter surge and hit enter.
- Enter email.
- Enter password. ( email and password is one time thing if surge has your email and password eventually you do only 4 steps other than these two)
- Hit enter when it prompts for your project path.
- Change subdomain to whatever you like or hit Enter