Static Website Hosting Made Easy
So, do you already have some html and css written for your website and realised hosting is an additional effort? No worries, you can host your static files in less than 2 minutes or precisely in 6 keystrokes.
The must haves of this process include:
- Latest version of NodeJs.
- Install surge using npm command as below:
npm install --global surge
Now, run surge from within any directory, to publish that directory onto the web.
- cd mysite/ navigate to the folder you want to publish
- Enter surge and hit enter.
- Enter email.
- Enter password. ( email and password is one time thing if surge has your email and password eventually you do only 4 steps other than these two)
- Hit enter when it prompts for your project path.
- Change subdomain to whatever you like or hit Enter
Voila! Your static website is now hosted and running good!